39TH CONGRESS OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION OF MILITARY HISTORY
The Italian Commission of Military History invites you to take part in the 39th Congress of the International Commission of Military History to be held in Torino, Italy, September 1 – 6, 2013.
Like in former years the Educational Committee of the International Commission of Military History invites young ph.d. students to take part in a workshop for young scholars who are still working or have just finished their ph.d. thesis on a subject dealing with „MEMORY, DOCUMENTARY SOURCES, AND WAR“.
The purpose of the workshop is to give young scholars the opportunity of discussing their projects with young as well as experienced colleagues from more than 40 Countries.
We expect a talk of 30 Minutes. A Printed version will be published in the conference proceedings to be published in 2014.
In Return we offer a reduced congress fee and student accommodation
Applicants should offer papers dealing with
• The Development of the Memory on War since ancient Times,
• The Importance of Memory and Commemoration for the Military, Governments, and the Populace,
• The Role and Forms of Memory and Commemoration and their Impact upon the Politics of National Identity,
• Memory and Commemoration in War Museums, War Memorials, Public History, Art and Literature,
• Documentary Sources dealing with Memory and Commemoration.
Applicants should send their proposals to the Secretary General of the Educational Committee, Prof. Dr. Michael Epkenhans, Center for Military History and Social Sciences, Potsdam, Germany.
The Deadline for submitting Proposals is March 31, 2013.
The Educational Committee will inform all applicants about the acceptance of their proposal no later than June 1, 2013.